10 editions later, a decade of awareness, donations, and legal support from different institutions and individuals, put us in the spot to further develop this project for the long run. The various past events, more than of recreational nature, have revealed several other issues that incarcerated women faced from the arrest through their entire time of imprisonment. It is evident that an annual event certainly makes women smile again; however, much more remains to be done.
Today, "Femmes à aimer" is meant to be a greater adventure, implicated and willing to meet the various needs of the detained women of Cabaret Civil Incarceration Center. Its mission is to offer:
- • stable and constant legal support for the inmates
- • psychological help to support them throughout the legal process and/or during their imprisonment
- • a training and educational project aimed at providing mental health self-management tools for the inmates and fully equipping them to face the future
- • a post-incarceration socio-professional reintegration structure for inmates
- • elements and materials towards taking charge of their physical health care.